Thursday, October 8, 2015

Central Valley Home School - Poem from a Parent

William Baker, a Central Valley Home School parent, wrote a poem for the CVHS staff.  He has given permission to share it on the blog.


Thankful Hearts

I wrote this for all of you
Who work at Central Valley Home School
Because there are things that go unsaid
Even though the thoughts are in our heads
First of all I’d like to say
That I am grateful to you every day
Because as I watch my children as they grow
I am thankful for the things that they have come to know
And even though we have all done our parts
We couldn’t have done it without your hearts
You know the ones that took our children aside
And taught them that they didn’t have to hide
As they began to learn and grow
Into somebody that only God really knows
I’m not saying that they’re perfect little beings
As you know proof of this has been seen
But I am saying that it brings joy to my heart and tears to my eyes
To see them stand up with pride
As they walk through this life
Believing in themselves and what is right
So remember that when things get tough
That the love God has put in your hearts is enough
To help you keep pushing on
So that they can live better lives from dusk til dawn
Knowing that somebody truly cares
When so much of the world really isn’t there
At least in a way that really matters for their sakes
Because so many things in it are sadly fake
And as they grow into adults
They will realize that it’s not their fault
That the world is like it is
Because they grew up as awesome kids
And with some real hope
They will truly be able to cope
And help to change many lives
In a world so lost and filled with strife
So thanks again with all our hearts
For loving our children from the start
As you‘ve watched them grow
And go through the things which they did go
As you helped them see
who it is that they can truly be.