Friday, January 24, 2014

Some of Us Will Save More than Just Kids! Story #5: Be the Turning Point............In Someone's Life

Recently I received this EMAIL from Jennifer DuPras, Principal, Lincoln Elementary School:

“One of my teachers was a hero recently.  I was so proud of her I wanted to pass it on.  A teacher got a piece of meat lodged in her throat at lunch, blocking her airway.  Her colleagues noticed and Annette Price quickly performed the Heimlich maneuver on her, successfully dislodging the food, maybe saving her life!  Both ladies were shaken up but fine.  I was so proud of Annette's quick action.”

I called and thanked Annette Price later that day.  I also called Lori Eidson to make sure she was okay.  Lori was truly grateful for this act of kindness, bravery, and Annette’s quick response.  She told me that right when Annette started the Heimlich maneuver, she had passed out in her arms.  SHE HAD NO DOUBT THAT ANNETTE HAD SAVED HER LIFE.


I would just like to personally thank Annette Price from all of us!!!