Wednesday, December 18, 2013

How Can You Make Ice Cream Taste Even Better - Story #2: Be the Turning Point.........In Someone's Life


How Can You Make Ice Cream Taste Even Better - Story #2: Be the Turning Point.........In Someone's Life

The Kingsburg High School Jazz Choir came to perform at our Christmas Sing-a-long at Lincoln.  My daughter, Delanie, is in the Jazz Choir and as they were performing I teared up a little (well, a lot on one song) because the music was so beautiful, I was so proud, and the song was meaningful.  

Some of my students noticed that I had teared up and asked if I was okay when we got back to class.  I told them that I had cried because I was proud of my daughter and her friends and the one song made me a little sad because she will be heading off to college in another year (and I am realizing that time is flying!).

The next day, one of my students, Jonah, came up to me and handed me four quarters.  I asked him if he wanted me to hold onto the money for him. (You see, it was ice cream day!)  Jonah said no.  He said, “The money is for you, Mrs. Dignan."  I asked him why he was giving me money.  He told me that he wanted to cheer me up because I had been sad about my daughter.  He wanted to buy me an ice cream because that always cheers him up. I couldn't believe how incredibly sweet it was, and I teared up again. I told him thank you and we took a picture of me with my ice cream for his mom. It was the best ice cream I have ever had!


Beth Dignan, thanks for sharing!!!!